Sunday, September 21, 2008

Versailles!















On Saturday we ventured to Versailles, it's only like 20 minutes on the train so we spent our time wisely and practiced knitting for out knitting and knotting class which is my favorite! On the way we needed to use the restroom so we went in the nicest Mcdonalds I've ever seen in my life! It had a bakery and there were people on dates there I swear, check out the picture. We saw the museum in the Palace and the gardens. Gardens were definitely my fav! It was really really beautiful, and we had the most hilarious little french costume designing tour guide! The palace was cool and they had installed Koontz modern art all throughout which was a little strange, but I'm not a fan of modern art so maybe others thought it was brilliant. The them of the installation was balloon animals made of metallic metal. Who knows... Anyways, you can take row boats around the ponds, and the gardens take up a space like the state of Rhode Island so we didn't quite get to catch everything but we saw what we could. We could have rented a golf cart for like 30 euro because everyone knows I have extensive experience driving them after this summer at the Sheraton, but my friend Raeana was pretty certain that a drivers license was needed to get one so we kept our money and put on our walking shoes.haha! It's definitely worth going though, especially cuz we learned so much about louisXIV and Marie Antoinette in costume history. Keep you posted!

No comments: